Friday, January 20, 2012

Saturday Sareenity - Weekly Challenge 3

Welcome to Saturday Sareenity, a weekly meme where you can submit any photo that you think symbolises something calm and serene. It could be nature, landscape, critters, children; absolutely anything.

Based on the voting, we'll have a 'Featured Photo of the Week' in the following week's challenge.

In addition, you can still participate if you don't have a photo that qualifies for symbolising 'calm and serene', but then it cannot qualify for being the featured photo, even if it gets the most votes.

And yes, please do link back to My Third Eye or Saturday Sareenity.



This week's winner from last week's challenge; it's Ima's entry from Captured by Ima - Lake Merritt


The shot is that of Merritt Lake, California; and it indeed is so serene! Congrats, and feel free to grab your 'Featured' button!





For those who are new, here are a few simple rules to play by:
  • Do link the permalink of the blog post that you're submitting and not you're blog URL
  • Please do try visit fellow participants; should help in discovering other good photography blogs and in learning
  • You can submit your entries Fri-Tue and then come back to vote Tue-Thus
  • It would be nice if you could follow
  • By contributing to the meme, you give me permission to use the submitted photo on my site and even feature it if its the top pick of the week
  • You must link up to My Third Eye or Saturday Sareenity for others to join and I'd appreciate it if you can add the button


 

PS: 'Sareen' is my last name and hence the creative liberty of spelling serene :). 


Cheers!


Bookmark and Share    Tweet This    Buy art 

20 comments:

  1. thanks for inviting me to this nice meme. i have also put it to my photo challenge page. ☺
    http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.com/2011/08/photo-challenges-link-in-your-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!! Thank you so much for the invitation. I added my link to today's post here. And, I am now your newest follower. PS...I love the title of your meme. Sending along with my comment today, I wish you all the success with Saturday Sareenity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invite. I've submitted a post (hope the link works). The winning shot is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for inviting me, and your wonderful comments.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the invite! i will make sure to participate regularly :) i just linked my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. nice photo,
    thanks for inviting me ...
    greetings Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you all for linking up :)

    appreciate your participation in this new meme often and yes, do come back for voting!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rohit. Thanks for the invite. Happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite, really appreciate it. Will try to join weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this....blue water...ribbon of buildings...blue sky! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! love your composition here!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful serene (or should I say Sareen?) shot, Rohit...
    I've entered my collection fo rSunday which features some spiritual serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to finding something special, and serene for this lovely meme; thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Thanks for inviting me to your meme, joining for the first time using my photography blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for a meme. I can always use more serenity in my life and I look forward to being able to visit the other photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you one and all for joining in. hope to see u all often!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of this photo challenge. I will try to participate in the weeks to come.
    Though I don't know how to vote for the pics I like.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @aiketa - tx, voting starts tomorrow in about 23 hours from now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Norway is calm and serene, so I hope to find a picture and participate:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hope to see you around the next time tania!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciation is encouraging and criticism will help me get better. Please do leave your feedback...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Home   ||   About & Contact   ||   Featured Work   ||   Travel   ||   Buy